Thursday, December 2, 2010

How do I love God with my body?

With the hands of my body that vote to defend with laws and statutes, the weak, the sick and the defenseless. With my eyes that look upon every man, woman and child created in the image and likeness of God and the beauty therein and without. With my voice that gives praise and speaks the truth always and sings in earnest worship. With my feet that steer me away from places of temptation and lead others from them to God and to justice. With my arms that do work and defend others impartially with dignity defrauding no one. With my ears to listen and discern between lies and truth and to hear the quiet voice of God. With my sexuality which honors my spouse with modesty and dignity in the covenant of marriage, open to life always and faithfully. With my back to stand strong against temptations and to weather every storm without complaint. With my knees to kneel in humble supplication before a loving and merciful God seeking forgiveness when all my other members have failed me.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Did you write it or borrow it. I want to also post it but I want to give credit to the write person. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did write this. Post it with a link to my blog if you wish.

    ReplyDelete